FHS Honors the Old and Embraces the New
Nine half floor teachers closed their classroom doors for the final time on January 19, 2018, the last day of semester 1. These teachers moved to shared classrooms around the building. Desks, chairs and other furnishings headed to storage, and now teaching carts move from class to class with our "traveling teachers." It is reminiscent of 2006-2007, when our Commons was built. Shared classrooms are not ideal, but FHS teachers collaborate and work together to make our space functional during demolition and construction.
The half floors and small gym herald from 1910 and 1935. The half floors were part of the 1910 original school construction on this site; it is amazing to think of how many thousands of students learned in these classrooms over the years. FHS staff put in countless hours getting ready for our recent reshuffling of teachers, and we are excited to continue the construction journey.