- Topic: Choose one questions below to answer:
Equality understands that his invention will benefit mankind greatly; however, this was not his main motivation in conducting his experiments, and it is not the primary source of the great joy he experiences. Discuss.
Compare the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden with the story of Equality 7-2521. For what “sins” were each condemned? In what ways are Equality 7-2521 and Adam similar? How do they differ?
Equality reaches the important realization that “To be free, a man must be free of his brothers”. Explain what Equality means by this, citing examples from Anthem.
- Eligibility: Grades 9 and 10
- Length: 600 - 1200 words Submissions must include a cover sheet.
- First prize - $2,000 cash award
- 10 Second prizes - $500 cash award
- 20 Third prizes - $200 cash award
- 45 Finalist prizes: $50 cash award
- 175 Semifinalist prizes - $30 cash awards
Click here to visit the Ayn Rand Essay Contest web page.