- Topic: Choose one questions below to answer:
In Chapter 8, why does Equality laugh when he remembers that he is "the Damned"?
Aside from very rare exceptions there is literally no opposition to the leaders in this society. Why is this? What ideas must the people in this society have accepted to live a life of obedience, drudgery, and fear?
Why does the Council of Vocations assign Equality the job of street sweeper? Is it due to error, incompetence, or a more sinister motivation? Explain.
- Eligibility: Grades 8, 9 or 10
- Length: 600 - 1200 words and must be doubled spaced.
- Submissions must include a cover sheet.
- Student name and complete address (street, city, state, and zip code)
- Student e-mail address (if available)
- Name and address of your school:
- Flathead High School
- 644 Fourth Avenue West
- Kalispell, MT 59901
- Topic # selected from the above list
- (optional) the name of the teacher who assigned the essay, if you are completing it for classroom credit
- First prize - $2,000 cash award
- 10 Second prizes - $500 cash award
- 20 Third prizes - $200 cash award
- 45 Finalist prizes: $50 cash award
- 175 Semifinalist prizes - $30 cash awards
Click here to visit the Ayn Rand Essay Contest web page.