- Topic: Select one of the following three topics:
Compare Howard Roark and Lois Cook. Are they both individualists? Why or why not?
Why does Toohey support Keating's career early on? What is Toohey’s purpose in promoting the careers of such mediocrities as Keating, Gordon Prescott, Lois Cook, Ike the Genius, and Gus Webb? In what way does his purpose integrate with his anti-Roark campaign? How does this issue relate to the wider themes in the novel?
Dominique Francon loves Roark yet struggles to destroy him. Why?
- Eligibility: Grades 11 and 12
- Length: 800 to 1600 words.
- Submissions must include a cover sheet
- First prize - $10,000 cash award
- 5 Second prizes - $2,000 cash awards
- 10 Third prizes - $1,000 cash awards
- 35 Finalist prizes - $100 cash awards
- 200 Semifinalist prizes - $50 cash awards
Click here to visit the Ayn Rand Essay Contest web page.