- Topic: Select on of the following three topics:
Roark gains employment with Henry Cameron. Cameron, though a genius, is a commercial failure. Why has society rejected his work? Why does Roark nevertheless revere him? What qualities do Roark and Cameron share in common? What is the fundamental difference between them and Francon and Keating?
What is Toohey’s ultimate purpose in trying to control the Banner?
How do Keating’s and Roark’s paths to success differ? Which one in the end is the real success?
- Eligibility: Grades 11 and 12
- Length: 800 to 1600 words.
- Submissions must include a cover sheet
- First prize - $10,000 cash award
- 5 Second prizes - $2,000 cash awards
- 10 Third prizes - $1,000 cash awards
- 35 Finalist prizes - $100 cash awards
- 200 Semifinalist prizes - $50 cash awards
Click here to visit the Ayn Rand Essay Contest web page.