WORKERS’ COMPENSATION PROGRAM
Workers Compensation Links
MSGIA Workers’ Compensation Program
Kalispell Public Schools Links
- Accident Report – This document is completed by the employee and supervisor to document the injury/illness incident and serves as a claim for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Safety Begins With an Attitude and Progresses to a Culture.
Board of Trustees Workers’ Compensation Policies
Montana Department of Labor (DOL)
- Montana DOL – Safety and Health Bureau – Strives to raise the awareness of Montana employers and employees about workplace safety and health through inspection, consultation, technical assistance and training.
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Assistance Bureau - MT DOL offers claim assistance to any employee in the state. The MT DOL is an excellent outside resource for answers to questions regarding workers’ compensation.
- Subsequent Injury Fund (SIF) The Legislature established the SIF to assist persons with permanent work restrictions in becoming employed. SIF-certified workers are entitled to all the same workers’ compensation benefits as non-certified workers; however, the employer’s insurance liability is capped at the first 104 weeks. Contact the SIF to apply for certification.
Workers Compensation Rules and Regulations
Work Place Safety Links
- WorksafeMT – A public/private partnership dedicated to reducing workplace injuries/illnesses and assisting Montana employers and employees in returning workers safely back to work.
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – Comprehensive workplace safety information including regulations and training materials.
- State Fund – The Montana State Fund resource
- SafeMT - Safety in Montana workplaces.