2018 VSA (The International Organization on Arts & Disability) Playwright Discover Competition
- Topic: Explore a disability experience - in their own life, the lives of others or by creating fictional characters
- Eligibility: Grades 6 - 12
- Length: One act script or stage or screen
- Entries may be the work of an individual student or a collaboration by a group of up to five students
- Awards: Senior division winners (grades 10 - 12) receive a trip to Washington, DC for a weekend of pre-professional activities, including playwriting workshops, roundtable discussions, and stage readings. A select number of Senior Division winners' scripts will be chosen for a Millennium Stage performance as part of the Kennedy Center's Page-to-Stage festival.
Visit the Kennedy Center for more information.
DEADLINE: April 29, 2018