The 'Save the Earth' Poetry Prize complements John Felstiner’s book Can Poetry Save the Earth? A Field Guide to Nature Poems and is offered annually by John Felstiner, Professor Emeritus, Stanford University and Charles Weeden, author of Poems of Yosemite.
- Eligiblity: Students in grades 10, 11, & 12
- Length: Any length or form
- Only one poem per entry
- Poems must be the original work for the student
- Award: 7 winners - each winning poet receives a check for $200 and a copy of Can Poetry Save the Earth?
- Entries must include:
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your Grade in school
- Name of school (Flathead High School)
- City and State of school: (Kalispell, MT)
- Name of English teacher
- Format: Poems must be submitted in English and as a Microsoft Word - .docs or pdf document
Visit the Save the Earth website for more information.
Deadline: March 31, 2018 - Winner will be announced on April 30, 2018