KMS Student Qualifies for State Geography Bee
Congratulations to 6th grade student Trever Cockerill for qualifying for the state geography bee competition at the Montana State University Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman. Back in January, Trever competed against eight other finalists to win the KMS bee, and after taking a state qualifying test online, has secured a spot for the state competition on Friday, March 29th. To learn more about the state competition, click on the following link: Montana State Geography Bee Website
Outstanding Science Fair Results
Congratulations to our six young scientists that went to the County Science Fair. All of them earned ribbons.
- Leston Richardson won a red ribbon for his Baggie Holder invention.
- Conner Howard was Reserve Champion. His project was 'Myth Busting the Five Second Rule'.
- Zoe Wendt was named Grand Champion for her nanotech project. She earned $100 and a special award for the best engineering project.
- Jordan Bauer won a blue ribbon for her invention of a sleeping bag cover.
- Keanu Ng was named Grand Champion and earned $100 for his microfiber pollution project.
- Dyson Lindon's project about germinating peach seeds also earned him the Grand Champion award and $100.
A special thanks to Mr. Eash for leading KMS's Science Fair efforts.
The Best of Kalispell Urban Forest Award 2018
Grace Orchard at Kalispell Middle School was honored this month by the Kalispell Parks and Rec Street Tree Committee. Our beautiful 30 tree orchard was awarded the Best of Kalispell Urban Forest Award for 2018. Thanks to all who made this orchard a reality in the spring of 2012 and a huge thanks to Mr. Schreiner and his Montana Legacy class for the continuous care they provide the orchard.
Outstanding Results - ELA, Math and Science
The Montana state-wide Smarter Balanced test results from last spring have been released and Kalispell Middle School was the highest performing AA middle school.
Legend: % of Students Proficient and Advanced
Our Science results continued a multi-year pattern of strong performance with 79% of our 8th Grade students scoring proficient.
We are very proud of our students' acheivements!