updated November 12, 2021
Online Registration is OPEN for the 2021-22 School Year. This includes 2022 Summer Sessions.
All Sessions at Flathead High School are currently full. Glacier High School and Summer Sessions have limited availability.
Office Hours: By Appointment Only
Click here for a listing of 2021-22 Sessions
*Registration for the 2022-23 School Year opens @ 1:00 p.m. on June 10th
Registration Hints and Reminders
Students must be at least 14 1/2 years old by the class start date and under the age of 19 to enroll.
Classes consist of at least 60 hours of structured learning experiences scheduled over no less than 25 student contact days for each student including no fewer than six hours of behind-the-wheel instruction. Students need to complete all assignments and finish the classroom portion with an 80 percent average to meet state standards. Classroom location will be announced at the Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting. The end date of each class listed is only an approximation.
5 Week Classes: The five week classes meets Monday - Friday from 3:30-5:30. Students drive one day during the week from 5:30-7:30. They also drive 2-4 Saturdays during this session.
NEW! 10 Week Classes: During the ten week sessions all classes and drives occur from 3:30-5:30, Monday - Friday. During week one, classes meet daily. Starting the second week, classes are either 2 days a week and students drive the other 3 days, depending upon which drive group they are in, or class is 3 days per week and students drive the other 2 days. This alternates weekly. Students attend class or drive 30 of the 50 school days during this session. Click on the links for February 10 week session examples: Glacier Flathead
Summer Classes: Summer classes meet 5 days a week (Monday-Friday). During the June sessions students drive 2 days per week (either Monday & Wednesday, or Tuesday & Thursday) for 2 hours before or after class. During the July sessions students drive 1-2 days per week (Monday-Friday) for 2 hours before class.
Note: If your student participates in school or club activities choose a session that does not conflict with the activity.
Parent/Student Meeting - Required
Students and parents are required to attend a meeting before their class begins. Meetings are typically held on a Tuesday (Flathead) or Thursday (Glacier) prior to class starting. Parent/student Meetings for Flathead sessions will be at FHS - Room 163 (Flex) or in the Library. Glacier meetings will be held in the Performance Hall or Conference Room at GHS. Parent/student meetings start at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted when registering. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting for check in.
The following original documentation must be brought to the Parent-Student Meeting
- Student Birth Certificate or Passport
- Student Social Security Card
- Parent or Guardian's Valid Drivers License or State Issued ID
Registration and Payment Information
Class cost is $310 and payment is required at the time of registration. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. You must use the online portal to register.
- Online: Register online by selecting the link/icon below. Online registration accepts credit and debit cards only.
Tips for Online Registration
- NOTE: For best results use a laptop or desktop computer to complete your transactions. If you have trouble completing a transaction on your phone or tablet use a laptop or desktop computer.
- School District #5 students/parents (current): Using the link below, sign in using your Parent Powerschool ID and click on the Smartschools link on the left side of the screen to register.
- Non-School District #5 students/parents (not enrolled): Use the link below to create a Login / Password, and Profile for the online portal to register.
Click on Image for Current SD#5 Student Registration
Click on Image for Non-SD#5 Student Registration
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellations must be made by emailing or calling the Traffic Education Center.
- Refunds will be credited back to the card used when ordering a class.
- A $20.00 fee will be assessed for processing refunds.
- There is no refund available after the class has started or for failure to attend Parent/Student meeting with the required documentation.
Need More Information:
Location: 514 E. Washington St. Kalispell, MT 59901