Accounts Payable Supervisor
EMPLOYEE REIMBURSEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
January 1, 2019 Mileage Rate - 58 Cents/Mile
Travel Reimbursement Guidelines:
- Submit one form for each trip.
- A copy of your conference/meeting itinerary must be attached to the travel reimbursement form.
- The form should include an entry for each travel day, showing the expenses and claims for each day.
- Indicate if travel was in a personal vehicle, travel with someone else or by airline.
- The district encourages a minimum of two people per car when more than one person is traveling to the same event.
- Supervisor approval is required for mileage reimbursement when varying from this requirement.
- When traveling separately for personal convenience, employees are welcome to split the reimbursement. Please note this request in the reimbursement claim.
- Air travel is reserved and paid in advance by the District Office. If not, include in other expense column, and document the circumstances below.
- Your ticket/receipt will be required for reimbursement.
- Allowed auto mileage rates for frequent destinations will auto populate once selected, or the field can be typed directly into.
- Employees may claim meal allowances per the rates listed below.
- Meals for travel that does not require an overnight stay, according to IRS regulations, is taxable and will be paid through the payroll process.
- Receipts for meals are not required when using per diem rates.
|Time Requirements for Claiming Meal Allowances:
|One Meal (Any)
||Travel must exceed three (3) continuous hours.
|Two Meal Allowance (Breakfast & Lunch)
||Travel must begin before 7:00am and return before 7:00pm.
|Two Meal Allowance (Lunch & Dinner)
||Travel must begin before 11:00am and return after 7:00pm.
|Three Meal Allowance (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
||Travel must begin before 7:00am and return after 7:00pm.
- Detailed receipts from the hotel are required. A credit card receipt alone is not sufficient. Do not show room service charges in this column.
- Allowed Rates: In State - Please check to see if hotel will honor state rates for School Districts with District ID prior to your stay.
- Detailed registration fees not prepaid, car rentals, bus/taxi fees etc. Parking at Glacier International Airport is not reimbursable.
- Receipts are required for reimbursement of other expenses. Describe nature of expense in designated area.