PIR Certified Staff
KPS certified teaching staff are required to log 12 hours of flexible pupil instruction-related (PIR) professional development (prorated for contracts less than 1.0 FTE or partial school year).
PIR activities must:
- be pre-approved by the building administrator
- meet for a minimum of 2 hours at a time (exceptions include MT Teacher Learning Hub and conference breakout sessions)
- occur outside the contract day/year
- not be taken for college credit/lane changes, and
- be unpaid by the sponsoring agency.
- Create a PIR.Net Account
- Suggest a PIR Session Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Venn Diagram for PIR and OPI/CEU Credit
- Log in to PIR.Net
For assistance with PIR.Net, contact: