Writing Contest Guidelines:
- Proofread your entry
- Have a friend, family member, or teacher read your entry out loud to you
- Every entry must be the student's original work. The consequence of plagiarism is outline in the FHS Student Handbook
- Read and follow instruction from the contest sponsor. Entries that do not follow the instructions and/or guidelines are discarded.
- Use a plain, simple font like Times New Roman, font size 12
- If the contest Sponsor asks for our address, remember to include the City, State and Zip Code
- Turn your entries in BEFORE the due date, if possible.
- If a coupon or header sheet is required, fill it out completely.
- PLEASE also submit your entry to Mrs. Lewis in the Writing Center. Either paper or online submission.
Writing Contest Deadlines