Kalispell Public Schools' Nursing Department
Kalispell Public Schools' Nursing Services promotes optimal physical, social, and emotional wellness of our student population. Our goal is to maximize the educational process by enhancing and protecting the overall health status of school age youth.
School nurses actively promote healthy lifestyle choices, strengthen and facilitate the educational process by improving and protecting student’s health status, and are advocates for school age youth.
Our district has six nurses on staff. Among other functions, their responsibilities include:
- Managing medical emergencies
- Caring for students with minor injuries or illnesses
- Conducting vision and hearing screenings
- Administering medications
- Case Management, including Individualized Healthcare Plans for students with chronic conditions (i.e. diabetes, seizures, asthma, severe allergies, etc)
- Measuring and documenting State mandated services
- Immunization records
- Urgent physical and emotional health needs
- Providing staff training
- Managing and reporting Infectious diseases
- Providing health and wellness resources
Please contact your school nurse when:
- You have concerns about upcoming school field trips
- You have new information regarding student health issues
- Your student is taking or carrying new medication
- You have questions or concerns about your student’s health or medical condition
**Please help the school nurse care for your child by updating the front office when contact information changes so we can always reach you.