Skip To Main Content

Transfer Policy and Information


ELEMENTARY (K-5) In-District Student Transfer

Students living within School District 5 Elementary District boundaries, who wish to attend schools other than their neighborhood schools must refer to KPS In-District Transfer Policy 3142. Click here to reference policy. 

Please make special note of the following items:

  • Request for an in-district transfer, for a K-5 student, must be made by April 15 of the current school year for admittance at the beginning of the next year. 

  • Please login to your PowerSchool Parent Account to fill out the request.  Once you login, click on Ecollect Forms and you will find the form under Transfer Request.

Refer to the above policy for more specifics.  For more information or questions, please call Judy Peiffer at 751-3430.


 HIGH SCHOOL In-District Student Transfer

Please refer to and complete the forms and information requested in the High School In District Transfer Request Packet. Per Policy 3142, requests for an in-district transfer must be made by the beginning of the previous semester.  Your guidance office or counselor can help you with the forms.
Completed packets can be submitted to the Superintendent's Office of Kalispell Public Schools, 233 1st Avenue East, Kalispell, MT 59901.  If you have questions or comments, please contact the Superintendent's Office at 406-751-3400 Ext 3434.
High school transfer applications need to be submitted to the Superintendent's office located above the Flathead County Library at 233 1st Avenue East by the deadlines listed above.  For further questions, contact Sherry Hodges-Ward at 406-751-3400 Ext 3417.